Essure Sterilization in Houston
Female sterilization is an ideal choice for women who have finished growing their families. Essure is a safe, permanent, and effective form of sterilization that can deliver peace of mind for you and your partner. Women’s Healthcare Associates offers comprehensive obstetrics and gynecology near Houston, including Essure sterilization, IUD insertion, comprehensive ultrasound, and many other female health services for women of all ages.
Top Benefits of Choosing Essure
If you are considering permanent birth control, Essure sterilization may be right for you. This fast, easy, and effective procedure offers a variety of benefits that other forms of temporary and permanent birth control do not.
- Essure is a non-surgical sterilization procedure that can be performed in-office without the need for incisions or general anesthesia.
- An Essure procedure carries a very low risk for side effects and any side effects are typically temporary and mild. The most common side effect during Essure placement was mild to moderate pain in 9.3% of women.
- Three months after placement, your Essure sterilization is confirmed with a brief X-ray test. This test ensures that Essure is working properly; after your sterilization has been confirmed, no additional birth control methods are necessary to prevent pregnancy.
- Essure creates a physical barrier to prevent pregnancy, rather than preventing pregnancy by altering your body’s hormones, which could have long-term health effects.
- The Essure inserts are thin, flexible devices made from a nickel-titanium alloy. Nickel-titanium alloys have been used for decades in the medical field in other safe and successful implantable medical devices, such as heart stents.
Three Reasons to Choose Permanent Sterilization
When you are through building your family, permanent sterilization is a low-risk, high-reward option to prevent further pregnancies. If you’d like more information about Essure, IUDs, and other female health issues from an experienced gynecologist serving Houston, call Women’s Healthcare Associates at (713) 654-8128.
- Permanent sterilization procedures are a one-time cost. Rather than continually refilling prescriptions or purchasing condoms or other forms of birth control, choosing permanent sterilization requires only one payment for a lifetime of function.
- Permanent sterilization is the most effective form of family planning. If you do not plan to have more children, permanent sterilization allows you to continue to enjoy a sexually-active lifestyle without the hassle of other forms of birth control.
- Permanent sterilization offers you the peace of mind that other types of birth control cannot. Although no form of birth control can be 100% effective, permanent sterilization via Essure has one of the lowest failure rates available of less than 0.2
Why Choose Us?
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Bilingual & Diverse Group of Physicians
- Affordable High Quality Healthcare
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries